Natural Bridge Blues

Grandpa, Grandma, & C. Si.

We are coming to the end of our time in Natural Bridge and it is hard to believe the time has gone so quickly.  I am so very lucky to have such an loving family in the Brafords. Their love is gentle and their hearts true.  Living with Lea and Bill has been such a joy for us.  They opened up their home with such generosity and have made so many adjustments accommodating our unpredictability, mess, and nap determining schedules. 

I am sitting in front of their beautiful Christmas tree that we all decorated together while drinking hot chocolate and having had another lovely festive meal prepared by Lea.  Walker is on the floor next to me and Sully is a few feet away, both asleep.  I can't help but to be grateful.  I have been invited to all the sweet happenings in Natural Bridge and have so loved doing things with Bill and Lea.

Some of my favorite memories:

Cooking with Lea.  I have loved our time in the kitchen, chatting, chopping, cooking, baking, laughing, being women enjoying each other and getting to spend quality time together.  I got to hear stories of Lea growing up and what her life has been like and loving every moment.  I sometimes feel like I wish I had known them my whole life and love taking every opportunity getting to know more about them and their many experiences.  

Every Monday we went to Jason and Dil's house for prayer.  It was a small group Skid, Gail, Lea, Dil, Jason, & Karla.  I loved Caroline getting to know Ben (Jason and Dil's little guy) and Kaya (Karlas little one).  This was one of my favorite times.  Listening to the prayers of these faithful and sweet people makes you fall in love with the High Bridge Pres. Community.  

Dinners. Such a fun time for all of us to be together, chat about whats happening in the family, in the news, in our lives. 

Holiday movies.  We got to spend the holiday season with the Brafords but the cheesy Hallmark Christmas movies while drinking Christmas tea and Cider during C. Si's nap and laughing at the gooey holiday specials has been such a fun girl time :) Bill joined us for a few of these and I think he may have enjoyed one or two of them. 

Walking around the farm with Walker and Sully.  I have to admit I haven't done this as much as I should but I think I took as many warm weather opportunities as I could. Living in the city we are always on a leash with Walker but watching the dogs run free and enjoy the gorgeous space has been such a joy for me.  I have loved how they run ahead a 100 feet and wait for me to catch up like they are showing me their favorite spots along the way.  

Walmart Trips. It has been so much fun just the simplicity of going to Walmart.  Watching Caroline get so very excited about sitting in the cart and then making literally everyone we see along the aisles smile. 

Inventing a carpet wagon.  C. Si. loves sitting in her little cardboard box and playing with her toys. I love it cause she is contained literally (now that she is crawling) and she enjoys sitting in one place and playing (when she is in her box).  Bill began to pull it and added string handle and a drum that she can play! 


My absolute favorite thing has been getting to see Caroline fall in love with her grandparents and how greatly they love her.

I could keep going and there are so many things I could add to this list.  The thing I will miss the most is just doing everyday life with Bill and Lea.  It was the simplicity of life together as a family that I have become so fond of doing. 

I will miss you Bill and Lea! Thank you for everything you have done for us and continue to do in loving support.  I love you and have loved all the time that I have gotten with you.  Your affection is invaluable to me, Caroline and Jake.  







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Merry Christmas

Prep